Capacity from 250 kg (550 lb) to 7,500 kg (16,500 lb)
Electric wire rope winches in the BETA EL range are used for lifting and pulling in demanding applications where the BETA SL does not meet the specific requirements of the job. Based on a modular building-block principle, the BETA EL can be configured to suit almost any demanding situation. A lengthy list of available options will provide an almost limitless opportunity to design the winch for the specific task. The use of high quality components and gear motors ensures safety and a long service life.
- Electrically released, spring applied disk brake safely holds the load in any position, even in the event of power failure.
- Powerful three-phase AC motors in multiple voltage ratings of 380V-420V @ 50Hz or 440V-460V @ 60Hz. Motor enclosure rating of IP-55, duty ratio S3 – 40%.
- Suitable for temperature range of -20°C (-4°F) up to +40°C (+104°F).
- Electronic overload protection on winches of 1,000 kg (2,200 lb) lifting load and up is standard.
- The maintenance-free, oil lubricated gearbox is very quiet due to the milled and ground helical gear tooth profile.
- All parts are coated with a high quality two-part paint finish (RAL 5015, approximately 120 µm thick).
- Rope drum receives additional zinc plating.
- High capacity rope drum is grooved for improved reeving and less rope wear.
- Two rope attachment points on the drum, one on each end flange.
- Contactor control (42V) for increased operational safety.
- Complies with accident prevention regulations BGV D 8
- Various drum designs such as extended length for added rope capacity or divided drums for operation with several ropes.
- Rope pressure rollers to prevent the unloaded rope from jumping off the drum.
- Adjustable geared limit switch to limit rope travel in both directions.
- Slack rope switch for automatically stopping the winch when rope tension eases or the load is set down.
- Frequency inverter for infinitely variable speed control.
- External operation via cable pendant or radio remote control.
- Other operating voltages.
- Other degrees of motor protection.
- Absolute or incremental encoder.
- Pole changing motors.
- Special finishes.
Download product catalogue (PDF)